If you have been out of school for years or just a few months, you will probably need a little help getting started. One of your first connections on campus will be your Academic Advisors. At Terra State Community College, you are assigned an advisor. If you are a continuing student, you should meet with an advisor prior to registering for classes. The professional Academic Advisors in the Office of Academic Advising can assist you with:
- Academic planning
- Course planning and registration
- Referrals to other student services on campus (e.g. tutoring, disability services, career services, counseling, financial aid, etc.)
- Transfer options to other institutions
- Academic and personal problem-solving
- Understanding academic policies and procedures
- Evaluation your degree plan
- And any other needs you may have regarding your academic success at Terra State Community College
Appointments are strongly encouraged and recommended.
Make an academic advising appointment by contacting Academic Advising at:
419-559-2345| firstname.lastname@example.org | or stop by: A100
Preparing for your advising appointment:
Ensure all prior college and high school transcripts have been received by the Office of Student Records (in A200).
Assemble and bring an advising folder and keep all advising materials (e.g. Compass or ACT scores, academic plan, CORE paperwork, etc.) inside of it.
Think about and write down some questions for your advisor.
Research your degree & course requirements using the online course catalog.
Create a tentative course schedule with alternatives by consulting the course schedule in your Terra Student Portal.
Who are the Academic Advisors?
Liberal Arts & Public Services and Transfer Module Advisor
Email: Linda Swaisgood