If you have been out of school for years or just a few months, you will probably need a little help getting started. One of your first connections on campus will be your Academic Advisors. At Terra State Community College, you are assigned an advisor. If you are a continuing student, you should meet with an advisor prior to registering for classes. The professional Academic Advisors in the Office of Academic Advising can assist you with:
- Academic planning
- Course planning and registration
- Referrals to other student services on campus (e.g. tutoring, disability services, career services, counseling, financial aid, etc.)
- Transfer options to other institutions
- Academic and personal problem-solving
- Understanding academic policies and procedures
- Evaluation your degree plan
- And any other needs you may have regarding your academic success at Terra State Community College
Preparing for your advising appointment:
- Ensure all prior college and high school transcripts have been received by the Office of Student Records (in A200).
- Assemble and bring an advising folder and keep all advising materials (e.g. Accuplacer or ACT scores, academic plan, etc.) inside of it.
- Think about and write down some questions for your advisor.
- Research your degree & course requirements using the online course catalog.
- Create a tentative course schedule with alternatives by consulting the course schedule in your Terra Student Portal.
Who are the Division Advisors?
Allied Health, Nursing, and Public Safety Division Advisor
Email: Kathy Mussell
Business, Communication, and The Arts Division Advisor
Email: Ann Sergent
Appointments are strongly encouraged and recommended.
Make an academic advising appointment by contacting Academic Advising at:
419-559-2345| email@example.com | or stop by: A100