Thunder Job Board
Log on to Terra's Thunder Job Board (powered by College Central Network), our web-based job board. Employers can access the Thunder Job Board to post open positions and view resumes. Students can also upload resumes and search the Thunder Job Board for jobs, co-ops or internships.
You can find job openings for students and alumni on the Thunder Job Board, so make sure you stay on top of your job search by uploading your resume and regularly checking for open positions.
This is a link to the state of Ohio job board for internships & co-ops.
The Terra State Community College Library
The Library at Terra State Community College, located on the third floor of building B, has many useful tools (books, magazines and computers) to assist with the job search process.
Films on Demand are streaming videos available free to Terra State Community College students that can be accessed from on-campus computers.
Free Career Advice Podcasts are available HERE
These podcasts play through itunes.
Becoming the Perfect Candidate - This is a great interactive program about the hiring process.
Looking for some Job Search Videos assistance? Click HERE
Ohio Means Jobs, Sandusky County
Terra has partnered with the Ohio Means Jobs to provide job-seeking skills and job search assistance to our community at large. Services include, but not limited to:
- Resume Preparation
- Job Search Correspondence
- Interview Skill Practice
- Education and Training Information
- Community Information
- Computer Use, with Internet Access
Employer Services include, but are not limited to:
- Employee Recruitment & Screening
- Skills Assessment & Job Matching
- Job Postings
- Labor Market Information
- Training & Education Incentives
The entire Northcoast Jobs Connection service area consists of Erie, Huron, Ottawa, Sandusky, and Seneca counties. Terra State Community College operates The Job Stores located in Fremont (Sandusky County) and Oak Harbor (Ottawa County).
In each issue you may find:
- Online Job hunting tips
- Who is hiring
- Ways to Impress the Boss
- Steps For First Time Job Hunters
- Resume tips
- Interview Questions
CareerRookie Magazine is Now Available
CareerRookie also has a web site with information about entry level jobs, Internships and Part-Time work.
New Grad Life has great tips and even offers a daily email tip service sent to those who register
Cover Letter Advice
- FERPA Release Forms for Letter of Recommendation or sharing of transcripts are located on your student portal
- The Terra Records Office site has helpful links related to your academic record.
- Sample Job-Search Correspondence can be found by doing an internet search
- Before an interview, do a web search for Interviewer's Favorite Questions related to the job you are going to be interviewing for.
- Do you wonder how to dress for an interview? There are many suggestions when you do a web search for "dress for an interview".
- Sample Job Interview questions located on the Ready Prep Interview site.
- Practical Suggestions for Interviewing Success
- Haley Abraugh in the Career Services Office, B104 is available to meet with Terra State students interested in doing an internship. Call her at 419-559-2456.
- Chancellor Jim Petro and Ohio Department of Jobs & Family Services Director Michael Colbert unveiled the OhioMeansInternships.com website that will promote awareness of Ohio internship and cooperative education opportunities. It is free for businesses to post opportunities and search for talent. It is free for students to search for opportunities and post their resumes. The site will also provide general information, news and items of interest about work-based learning.
- Director Colbert announced the release of a new free OhioMeansJobs.com phone application that will give Ohioans access to tens of thousands of job openings and allow users to search, save, and even apply for jobs from their iPhone, iPad or Android.
- Internship.com provides information on becoming an intern and internships of all kinds.
Helpful Job Search Resources
These links can help you prepare for job interviews and today’s modern work environments. Here you’ll find resume writing advice, salary calculators, interview tips and more!
Other Job Boards
Ohio Community College Resource Center - This website is designed to help community college students with criminal records succeed in school and beyond.
Ohio Community College Resource Center
Job Training Programs (ages 16-24)
This is the USA Department of Labors site for the youth Job Corps. Job Corps is a free education and training program that helps young people learn a career, earn a high school diploma or GED, and find and keep a good job. For eligible young people at least 16 years of age who qualify as low income, Job Corps provides the all-around skills needed to succeed in a career and in life.
Ohio State Apprenticeship Council
The Ohio State Apprenticeship Council registers and monitors apprenticeship programs in our state to ensure their quality and safety. Ohio has over 900 Registered Apprenticeship programs that teach high-level skills for today's work-place. Each program includes, at minimum, 2000 hours of structured on-the-job training and 144 hours per year of related technical instructions.
Truck Driving Sites:
Need some help with your job search? Come to the Career Services Office.
The Career Services Office is located in the General Technologies Building (Building B) room B104.
Let Terra's Career Services help you get your foot in the door.
For questions or comments regarding these resources, or the Career Services Office contact:
The office is located in the General Technologies Building (building B) office B104.
Joan Gamble, Coordinator of Career Services
Mail Name: Joan Gamble
Haley Abraugh, Work Experience Specialist Assistant
Mail Name:Haley Abraugh
Skype meeting available by appointment.
This list of links is meant to offer a range of sites for the convenience of Terra students. Students are encouraged to report any problems with the links on this page to Career Services