Terra State Community College offers a variety of allied health, nursing and science associate degree programs for those looking to prepare for entry-level positions in these fields. The courses in these programs are career-relevant and taught by seasoned professionals. Terra currently offers the following programs:
This transfer degree program is for students who wish to study biology or another science-related major at a four-year college.
Early Childhood Education Concentrations:
Terra offers four Early Childhood Education programs with concentrations in:
- Early Childhood Education – In the Early Childhood Education degree program students will be introduced to the field and will learn about nutrition, health and safety, behavior guidance for young children and cognitive curriculum for early childhood education.
- Education Assisting - This program is designed for those that aspire to be classroom assistants, special needs attendants or proficiency test facilitators. Students in this program will learn more about emergent language literacy, observation, documentation and assessment in early childhood education and childhood development.
- Family Service Coordinator - The courses in this Early Childhood Education degree program provide insights encompassing families, children, social issues and intervention strategies. Students will learn more about social work, interview and documentation and social diversity.
- Home Visitor -The Home Vistor program is designed to prepare students for encounters with family members and children in a home setting. Students will learn more about social work methods and practice, social diversity and behavior guidance for young children.
While in this program, students will learn more about macroeconomics, financial accounting and statistics. The Associate of Arts in Economics degree program can help you prepare for entry-level career opportunities in the field or a bachelor-level program of study.
The Associate of Arts in Education degree can help students learn more about educational technology, educational psychology, children with exceptionalities and more about the field in general. This program is a stepping stone for those who want to pursue bachelor-level studies in education at a four-year university.
The healthcare administration program is designed to prepare students who wish to pursue bachelor-level studies in health care administration. Students who complete this program will be GUARANTEED a seat in the Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration Online Degree Completion Program at Mercy College of Northwest Ohio.
Health Information Technology
Terra offers two Health Information Technology degree programs:
- Health Information Management Technology – A good starting point for those who want to pursue advanced studies in health information management, . students in this program will learn about health data management, computer fundamentals and medical terminology.
- Health Information Technology – program combines the knowledge of and skills from the disciplines of medicine, information management, business applications and computer technology within the healthcare industry.
Through the Associate of Arts in History degree program,students can study western civilizations and American History. Students can apply the knowledge learned in this program towards a bachelor-level degree program at a four-year college.
Medical Assisting Programs
Terra State Community College offers four medical assisting areas of study:
- Coding – Students in this program will gain hands-on clinical skills, knowledge and an understanding of the medical assisting profession through classroom instruction, clinical skills and an externship.
- Phlebotomy –The Medical Assisting Phlebotomy program gives students the opportunity to learn more about pathophysiology/pharmacology, medical transcription and medical assisting procedures. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to sit for the Registered Medical Assisting (RMA) examination through American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- Practice Management–The practice management degree program can help students prepare for entry-level positions in healthcare management. Through this program students can learn more about health record law, effective teams and processes, cooperative work experience and medical billing.
Two nursing programs are available through Terra. For more information check out our Frequently Asked Questions and our Nursing Information Packet:
- Nursing (RN) – Through this program, students can prepare for new career opportunities in registered nursing. Students who complete the nursing degree program are eligible to take the NCLEX examination for licensure as a registered nurse.
- Nursing (LPN to RN) –With Terra’s Nursing LPN to RN program, students can learn how to assess the educational needs of clients in the promotion, maintenance and restoration of health. Students can also learn how to identify professional, ethical and legal situations within the scope of practice
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Terra State Community College is designed to prepare graduates to meet the requirements necessary to practice as a PTA in a variety of health care settings. PTA students are awarded the Associate of Applied Science degree upon successful completion of the program.
Contact us today to learn more about the degree programs offered through the Allied Health, Nursing and Science Division.
If you have questions about the allied health, nursing or science degree programs offered at Terra State Community College, please contact us at (419)559-2312 or 866-288-3772. You can also email us at Terra State Community College Admissions.
Office Location and Hours
The Allied Health, Nursing and Physical and Social Sciences Division offices are located in D219. Office hours are:
- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Thursday
- 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Friday