Terra State Community College offers a variety of allied health, nursing and science associate degree programs for those looking to prepare for entry-level positions in these fields. The courses in these programs are career-relevant and taught by seasoned professionals. Terra currently offers the following programs:
The healthcare administration program is designed to prepare students who wish to pursue bachelor-level studies in health care administration. Students who complete this program will be GUARANTEED a seat in the Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration Online Degree Completion Program at Mercy College of Northwest Ohio.
Health Information Technology
Terra offers two Health Information Technology degree programs:
- Health Information Management Transfer Degree – A good starting point for those who want to pursue advanced studies in health information management. Students in this program will learn about health data management, computer fundamentals and medical terminology.
- Health Information Technology – This program combines the knowledge of and skills from the disciplines of medicine, information management, business applications and computer technology within the healthcare industry.
Medical Assisting Programs
Terra State Community College offers three medical assisting areas of study:
- Medical Scribe
- Medical Assisting Certificate
- Phlebotomy –The Medical Assisting Phlebotomy program gives students the opportunity to learn more about pathophysiology/pharmacology, medical transcription and medical assisting procedures. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to sit for the Registered Medical Assisting (RMA) examination through American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- The Associate in Applied Science of Medical Assisting degree program can help students prepare for entry-level positions in healthcare management. Through this program students can learn more about health record law, effective teams and processes, cooperative work experience and medical billing.
Two nursing programs are available through Terra. For more information check out our Frequently Asked Questions and our Nursing Information Packet:
- Nursing (RN) – Through this program, students can prepare for new career opportunities in registered nursing. Students who complete the nursing degree program are eligible to take the NCLEX examination for licensure as a registered nurse.
- Nursing (LPN to RN) –With Terra’s Nursing LPN to RN program, students can learn how to assess the educational needs of clients in the promotion, maintenance and restoration of health. Students can also learn how to identify professional, ethical and legal situations within the scope of practice
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Terra State Community College is designed to prepare graduates to meet the requirements necessary to practice as a PTA in a variety of health care settings. PTA students are awarded the Associate of Applied Science degree upon successful completion of the program.
Contact us today to learn more about the degree programs offered through the Allied Health, Nursing and Science Division.
If you have questions about the allied health, nursing or science degree programs offered at Terra State Community College, please contact us at (419)559-2312 or 866-288-3772. You can also email us at Terra State Community College Admissions.
Office Location and Hours
The Allied Health, Nursing and Public Services Division offices are located in D219. Office hours are:
- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Thursday
- 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Friday