Would you like to prepare for career opportunities in the fields of Engineering Technology, Manufacturing/Skilled-Trades, Computer Information Systems, Automotive, or Technology Management? The Associate of Applied Science degree programs offered at Terra State Community College can help you develop the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in these fields.
Science Technologies, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) and Workforce Development Associate Degree Programs*
*Terra State also offers many Certificate Program options. Please reference our catalog (pages 131-137) for details.
Architectural Construction Management Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) Degree Program
The Associate of Applied Science in architectural construction management degree program offers students an introduction to renewable energy and sustainable architecture in addition to basic traditional architecture and construction management courses. Students can learn about architectural drafting, building systems, site planning and more.
Computer Systems A.A.S. Degree Programs
Terra State Community College is proud to offer computer systems associate degree programs with concentrations in:
- Computer Information Systems - Upon completion of this computer information systems degree program, students should be able to code and develop both windows and web based application components, navigate and/or configure multiple operating system platforms and effectively configure and troubleshoot computer and networking hardware and software.
- Help Desk Support Management – In this degree program, students will learn technical support tasks for business software applications in both a networked and stand-alone environments. Courses include microcomputers, DSM capstone, server management and more.
- Systems and Networking Support - The Associate of Applied Business in Systems and Networking Support degree is ideal for those who enjoy problem-solving, troubleshooting hardware, software and connectivity issues. In this program, students will have the chance to learn about visual programming, Windows scripting, server management and more.
Electrical Degree Programs
Our Electrical degree programs include:
- A.A.S. Degree in Electricity-Power & Controls - In the industrial electricity degree program, students receive hands-on training on programmable controllers (PLC), AC/DC motors and generators, transformers, test equipment, basic hydraulic systems and industrial wiring practices according to the National Electrical Code. Courses in this degree program include electricity, electrical codes and prints and programmable controllers.
- A.A.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology (Transfer Program) - The Science in Electrical Engineering Technology transfer program is a good start for those who want to prepare for entry-level work in the field. It also is the foundation for those wanting to continue their studies in Electrical Engineering Technology at a four-year college. Students will learn more about AC and DC circuits, digital circuits and electronics.
Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration A.A.S. Degree Program
- A.A.S. Degree in HVACR - Those who graduate with the HVACR degree will be well-prepared to install and service residential and light commercial HVACR equipment along with light commercial refrigeration equipment. Students in this degree program will also learn more about electricity for HVACR, electronics for HVACR, troubleshooting and refrigeration.
Manufacturing Engineering Degree Programs
- A.A.S. in Manufacturing Technology
- An Associate Degree of Applied Science in Manufacturing Technology is ideal for those who are in an apprenticeship program, or those who have completed one and want to earn an Associate degree. Students in this program will learn more about the machining process, hydraulics, safety and materials.
- A.A.S. in Mechanical Engineering Technology- Students can learn how to prepare drawings using computer-aided design (CAD) to completely describe a part for manufacture, including views and tolerances in the associate of applied science in mechanical engineering technology degree program. They can also learn how to produce parts using various types of manual machines or how to complete a design from start to finish.
- Associate of Science in Mechanical Engineering Technology (Transfer Degree) - Students who are interested in transferring to a Four-Year University are encouraged to speak to their advisor about the differences between this degree and the A.A.S. Degree.
Nuclear Power Technology A.A.S. Degree Program
The Nuclear Power Technology (NPT) program prepares students for employment in specific areas within a nuclear power plant. The technical curriculum is designed around direct specifications from the nuclear power industry. Students in this program will learn more about nuclear industry fundamental concepts, nuclear plant drawings, radiation protection and detection and thermo-fluid science.
Power Technologies (Includes Automotive) A.A.S. Degree Program
The Power Technologies program offers entry-level and advanced instruction, with an emphasis on the analysis and diagnosis of modern gasoline and diesel vehicles. Students in this degree program can learn more about fuel and emissions systems, automotive power train, braking systems and drivability.
Robotics/Integrated Manufacturing Technology A.A.S. Degree Program
In this technology program, students will learn about industrial automation in applications (engineering) positions, as well as service (maintenance) type positions. Students in this degree program will also learn about robotics, hydraulics, servo systems and flex cell design.
Welding Technology A.A.S. Degree Program
Through Terra’s applied science in welding degree program, students can learn about a wide range of topics like oxyfuel and plasma arc cutting applications to advanced courses in pipe welding. Courses in this program include advanced materials joining systems, welding codes and procedures, blueprint reading and safety.
Change course. Learn more about our degree programs today!
If you have questions about our degree programs, please contact us at (866)–AT-TERRA, or (866)-288-3772. You can also email us at Admissions Enrollment Services
The Engineering, Technologies, & Mathematics Division offices are located in Building E, Room 107.