Would you like to prepare for career opportunities that allow you to express your artistic side? Or could you see yourself working in a field that allows you to get in touch with your altruistic side? Terra Community College’s Liberal Arts and Public Services Division offers Associate degree programs that allow you to explore the career path that’s right for you.
Liberal Arts and Public Services Concentrations:
The Liberal Arts and Public Services Division offers Associate degree programs with concentrations in:
- American Sign Language/Transfer Degree
The American Sign Language degree program was developed for those who want to develop sign language skills, and also establishes a foundation for those who want to pursue Bachelor-level studies in either Deaf Education or Sign Language interpretation.
- Art History/Transfer Degree
The Associate of Arts in Art History degree program was designed to introduce students to art history and fine arts drawing. Students of this degree program can apply what they’ve learned towards a Bachelor-level program at a four-year university.
Early Childhood Education Concentrations:
Terra offers four Early Childhood Education programs with concentrations in:
- Early Childhood Education – In the Early Childhood Education degree program students will be introduced to the field and will learn about nutrition, health and safety, behavior guidance for young children and cognitive curriculum for early childhood education.
- Education Assisting - This program is designed for those that aspire to be classroom assistants, special needs attendants or proficiency test facilitators. Students in this program will learn more about emergent language literacy, observation, documentation and assessment in early childhood education and childhood development.
- Family Service Coordinator - The courses in this Early Childhood Education degree program provide insights encompassing families, children, social issues and intervention strategies. Students will learn more about social work, interview and documentation and social diversity.
- Home Visitor -The Home Vistor program is designed to prepare students for encounters with family members and children in a home setting. Students will learn more about social work methods and practice, social diversity and behavior guidance for young children.
While in this program, students will learn more about macroeconomics, financial accounting and statistics. The Associate of Arts in Economics degree program can help you prepare for entry-level career opportunities in the field or a bachelor-level program of study.
The Associate of Arts in Education degree can help students learn more about educational technology, educational psychology, children with exceptionalities and more about the field in general. This program is a stepping stone for those who want to pursue bachelor-level studies in education at a four-year university.
This English degree program is ideal for students who want to pursue majors in English, writing, literature, journalism or other related fields at a four-year university.
Fine Arts/Transfer Degree
Terra’s Associate of Arts in Fine Arts degree program gives students the opportunity to learn more about fine arts drawing, 2-D foundations and 3-D foundations. This degree program prepares students for entry-level career opportunities or advanced studies in fine arts.
Through the Associate of Arts in History degree program,students can study western civilizations and American History. Students can apply the knowledge learned in this program towards a bachelor-level degree program at a four-year college.
The Law Enforcement degree programs at Terra Community College give students a glimpse into the field of criminal justice. There are three concentrations to choose from:
Law Enforcement Concentrations:
- Law Enforcement - Criminal Justice/Transfer Degree - This law enforcement degree program is the foundation for those wishing to pursue advanced studies in criminal justice. Through this program, students will learn more about policing, corrections and criminology.
- Criminal Justice – The Associate of Science in Criminal Justice degree was designed for students who are interested in the criminal justice field, but do not want to pursue the traditional roles of police officer or sheriff’s deputy.
- Police Science - This two-year police science degree program includes Ohio Peace Officer Training. Students who complete the Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission’s (OPOTC) educational and legal requirements are eligible to sit for the state certification exam
Terra Community College’s Associate of Science in mathematics degree program allows students to further explore the subject and strengthen their mathematical skills. Students in this program will learn more about calculus and analytic geometry, linear algebra and differential equations. This program can help students prepare for advanced studies in math.
The music degree programs at Terra Community College allow students to discover a number of career possibilities in this ever-changing field. Students will also learn more about music theory, applied theory and the history and literature of music.
Music Degree Concentrations:
- Music/Transfer Degree – The Associate of Arts in Music degree is appropriate for students planning to transfer into a four-year program in any discipline in music. With this program students can learn more about aural skills, music theory and applied music.
- Music Technology - The Music Technology degree program combines studies of the latest technology with traditional theory, history and performance courses. This program gives students the opportunity to learn more about MIDI sequencing, digital audio and recording techniques.
- Music-Business Accounting - Music Business is a practical blend of studies that address the challenges facing the musician-entrepreneur. Students in this program will learn more about music technology and business, music theory and the history and literature of music.
- Music-Business Management – The Associate of Technical Study in Music-Business Management degree is ideal for those who have aspirations of becoming studio managers, promotion assistants, performance events coordinators and band managers. Students will learn about music technology and business, music theory and digital audio.
- Music-Business Marketing - Effective marketing skills are valuable to all businesses, industries and professions. The Associate of Technical Study in Music-Business Marketing can help students strengthen their marketing skills so they are prepared for entry-level career opportunities in the field. Students will learn more about music technology and business, history and literature of music, and marketing.
- Performance – The Performance major focuses on technique, repertoire, language and performance skills, while providing the musician with knowledge of music theory and history. Students in this program will take a professional seminar, ensemble and class piano course.
Social Work Assistant Concentrations
Terra offers the following Social Work Assistant concentrations:
- Social Work Assistant– Upon completion of the Social Work degree program, students should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the field through the practical experience of the social work practicum. Students will also learn about fundamentals of sociology, social work methods and practice and crisis intervention.
- Chemical Dependency- The program provides students with a knowledgebase that can be used in counseling, correction, administrative and prevention settings. In this program, you can learn more about addictions assessment, chemical dependency and group dynamics.
Do you have questions about our Associate degree programs? Contact us!
To learn more about the Associate degree programs offered through the Liberal Arts and Public Services Division, call us at (419) 559-2411 or 1-866-288-3772. You can also email us at Terra College Admissions.
Our office is located in building A, room 202.