At Terra State Community College we value your time and want you to have a great learning experience. Agreements have been created to provide a smooth transition for students from high school or adult education programs into degree programs at Terra State.
To view an agreement:
1. Select the name of the career center or school who offered your program.
2. Select the name of your program.
3. Select the year you would have graduated your program.
Can't find an agreement with your school or would you like to request an agreement? Check out our Checklists and Forms page.
What is articulated college credit? Articulated credit is college credit that is awarded once a student completes Terra State's articulated academic credit eligibility requirements . The amount of credit available for articulation is agreed upon by Terra State and the student's school/career center. Articulation agreements allow students to earn college credit for courses without taking them because students learn the information as part of their career tech or adult education program.
What is CTAG college credit? Career Technical Credit Transfer, CT2. Students who successfully complete specific CT or AE courses, programs, or end of course assessments are eligible to receive technical college credit as part of a state initiative. The student will not need to enroll in the course as part of their major because the state has established that the student has acquired the information as part of their CT or AE program. The CT or AE program the student has completed must be approved for the CT2 in order for the student to receive CT2 credit. For more information see the Ohio Board of Regents web site: Ohio Higher Ed-CT2.
What is transcripted college credit? Transcripted credit is college credit that is automatically recorded on the student's transcript upon completion of a college course without a petition process. Starting in the fall of 2015, College Credit Plus will be the method used by students to take college courses for transcripted credit while still in high school as part of a career technical program.
Student Eligibility and Credit Awarding Requirements:
Articulated Academic Credit
- The student must have completed their Career Technical (CT) or Adult Education (AE) program with a grade of "B" or better.
- The student must enroll at Terra State Community College within 2 calendar years after having graduated from their CT or AE program.
- The student must have completed an application for admission to Terra State; this includes submission of their official high school transcripts to Terra State.
- The student must schedule an appointment with a Terra State Admissions Advisor to petition for the articulated academic credit. During this appointment the student must provide evidence (passport, portfolio, certifications, licenses, competency profile etc.) that shows they have successfully completed their CT or AE program and all of the Terra State requirements. In some cases the student may also be required to take an examination.
- The student must complete the next higher level Terra State course in their degree pathway. The course needs to be taken after the student graduates from their CT or AE program.
- Articulated Academic Credit will be added to the student’s official transcript after completion of the next higher level course. A notation of “CR” will appear on the student’s college transcript next to those courses for which articulated credit has been accepted.
- In the event that a Terra State course taken as part of the student’s CT program during high school or AE program after high school was not a prerequisite for another Terra State course, articulated academic credit will be awarded upon the student’s completion of 3 semester credit hours at Terra State. The course taken to achieve the additional credit hours needs to be at the 1000 level or higher. The student must receive a “C” or better in the Terra State course. The additional credit hours need to be taken after the student graduates from their CT or AE program.
- All Articulated Academic Credit is granted at the discretion of the Dean of the content area.
Transcripted Academic Credit
- Students in a Career Technical (CT) program may enroll in Terra State course(s) concurrently as part of College Credit Plus while in their CT program at the discretion of the associated career center or high school and provided they have met Terra State course placement requirements.
- CT Students will be subject to the policies and procedures of Terra State, when participating in Terra State courses or when present at Terra State facilities. Reference the Student Responsibilities form.
- Once the student has completed their CT program and their Terra State course(s) the student’s grades will be recorded on the student’s college transcript.
Benefits of College Credit Agreements
Earn college credit
Provides guidance, placement and follow-up services for students through planning by staff at the high schools, career centers and college
Provides savings in expenses for both students and colleges
Reduces duplication of effort and time for the student at the college level who has acquired job skills in a high school or adult education program
Development of marketable skills that prepare student for the workforce and college
For more information on agreements Terra State has with area high schools and career centers, contact:
Northwest Ohio Region Tech Prep Center
Email: Dawn Hippler