Terra State Community College is proud of our selection of classes. We offer students courses that are relevant to their interests and full of information that can be applied in the real world. But if you find that a class does not line up with your learning goals, you might want to consider dropping that class and adding another in its place. Here are some helpful directions for adding or dropping classes:
Adding Classes to a Schedule
- If you want to add a class or classes to your schedule prior to the beginning of the semester, then you can use the normal registration process at my.terra.edu
- If you want to add a class or classes to your schedule after the beginning of the semester but before the end of week two, then you must complete a schedule change form. Use the add section of the form to identify the class to be added.
- If you want to add a class or classes to your schedule after week two of the semester, then you must complete a schedule change form and also receive the signature of the instructor on the form to acknowledge approval for your late enrollment.
- The schedule change form is available from the student records office. A completed schedule change form must be submitted to the student records office for the enrollment to be official.
- The addition of a class or classes to your schedule will increase your tuition and fee charges. Immediate payment for added classes is required.
Dropping Classes from a Schedule
Students may withdraw from a course by completing a schedule change form and submitting it to the office of student records. A grade of “W” (withdrawal) will only be issued when the student withdraws prior to 75 percent of any instructional part of a term. After 75 percent of a term is complete, students cannot withdraw from a course and will receive the grade that they earn in the class. In order to be eligible for any possible tuition refund, students must officially withdraw from a course. Refund procedures and periods are identified within the fee policies section of the Terra State Community College Catalog.
Need help? Contact us.
If you need help adding or dropping classes, please contact the office of student records at (419)559-2405 or 866-AT-TERRA (866-288-3772), ext. 2405.