Terra State Community College welcomes qualified students from other countries. We value the diversity and the experiences international students bring to our classrooms, campus, and community. Our goal is to prepare students from all backgrounds to be successful after completing their education here at Terra State Community College. To get started here at Terra State, international students must complete the following enrollment checklist.
Enrollment Checklist for International Students
1. Apply for admission
You can complete the online application here.
2. Submit required documentation
- Proof of English language proficiency: international students must contact ETS to have an official TOEFL score report sent to the College (school code 7175). Terra State also accepts the IELTS test.
- Proof of adequate financial support: international students are required to submit a bank statement showing that the student or sponsor has the funds to cover the College's Cost of Attendance.
- Submission of transcripts: all students are required to submit official copies of their high school and college transcripts. International transfer students must also submit an Intent to Transfer Form signed by a Designated School Official (DSO) at the institution from which the student is transferring.
3. Secure F-1 student visa
Once all the required documents have been received you will be sent an acceptance letter and Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant Student Status (Form I-20) via email and postal mail. Once these documents have been issued you should pay your SEVIS fee, apply for an F-1 student visa, and schedule an interview at your local US embassy or consulate. When applying for a student visa, you should have a valid passport, resume, and information about past and future travel plans available. You should also know your SEVIS ID number, which can be found on your I-20. You should take your visa application confirmation page with you to the interview and be prepared to answer questions regarding ties to your home country, your English language skills, academic background, the program in the US to which you have been admitted, and proof of your financial ability.
4. Secure housing
Securing housing can be difficult for international students. Try to secure housing as soon as possible. Terra State Community College is located in Fremont, Ohio. The College is within 50 miles of the cities of Bowling Green, Clyde, Port Clinton, Sandusky, Tiffin, and Toledo. Students are encouraged to contact local institutions and community organizations about their housing options.
5. Attend Welcome and Orientation
To encourage student engagement and orientation into the campus community, all international students sit down with their advisor for a welcome meeting. As part of the welcome meeting,you will learn more about your academic program, develop a degree plan, get your student identification card, and learn more about the College. You will also complete the COMPASS placement assessment and attend a Complete Orientation & Registration Experience (CORE) session.
For more information about international student admissions, contact us!
Director, Global Education and International Student Services