PSEO Admission Requirements
- Students must be enrolled at an eligible Ohio high school and have completed the eighth grade;
- Students must submit a PSEO application annually;
- Students must turn in a counseling/participation form signed by the applicant, parent, and high school counselor stating the applicant has received permission from their high school to participate in the program;
- Participants must achieve a high school cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale at the time of application;
- Participants must also achieve scores on the College's placement assessment needed for recommendation to ENG1020 or ENG1050 and college level reading and MTH1310 or higher if the student wishes to enroll in a math and/or science course;
- Students may also submit ACT scores of 16 or higher in English and 21 or higher in math.
- To comply with HB215 ORC3365.02, a student may not enroll in a college course if the student has less than a cumulative 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the high school courses the student has completed that are in the same subject area as the college course(s) in which the student seeks to enroll;
- For example, a student must have a "B" average in high school math courses in order to enroll in math courses at Terra State Community College.
- Students must agree to abide by the policies and procedures of Terra State Community College and the PSEO program.
- Fall Semester: May 1st
- Spring Semester: December 1st
For additional information about the PSEO program, contact us!
Student Success Mentor - High School Students