Many students take courses as visiting students at Terra State Community College with the intention to transfer them back to their "home" institution (where they intend to earn a degree). With some of the lowest tuition in the Northwest Ohio region, Terra State is an ideal place to get ahead on coursework, complete required courses at a more convenient time or delivery format, and more. Visiting students who are taking courses to fulfill degree requirements at their home institution are considered transient students.
Enrollment Checklist for Transient Students
- Apply for admission. When asked for your educational goal, be sure to select visiting/transient student for transfer.
- Meet with your advisor (and/or other appropriate person) at your home institution to determine the proper coursework to take at Terra State in order to ensure transferability and completion of degree requirements
- Complete and send the Transient/Guest Student Request Form to admissions. Documentation will be required showing necessary pre/corequisites have been met, which could include official transcripts
- Contact the Terra State representative for transient students (contact information is below) to discussion your registration
- Once you have approval from the admissions department, you will be able to register for classes through the Student Record's Office
- Check your Terra State Student Portal for your schedule, bill, to access your MyCourse Portal, and other important resources
- Pay for your classes through the Cashier's Office (online, in person, by mail, or over the phone)
- Contact the admissions office for more help
Responsibilities of Transient Students
Please note that transient students:
- are not required to submit high school transcript.
- cannot register as a degree or certificate seeking student at Terra State Community College.
- are not degree seeking students at Terra State, so they are not eligible for financial aid but should check their home institution for eligibility.
- are responsible for determining the Transient Student process at the home institution and how the credits will transfer back to the home institution.
- must complete the Transcript Request Form at Terra State to have official and final transcripts sent back to their home institution at the completion of coursework.
For more information about transient student admissions, contact us!
Dean of Students and Enrollment Services
Email: Click to email