Terra State Community College (TSCC) is collaborating with the Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science (CCMS), the nation’s leading funeral service educator, to offer an online regionally accredited Associate of Arts (AA) Pathway to Mortuary Science degree for students to seamlessly matriculate their TSCC general education credits to the on-site CCMS Bachelor of Mortuary Science program.
What is the Associate of Arts Pathway to Mortuary Science degree?
The TSCC Associate of Arts Pathway is a 4 semester (61 credit) online degree program which fully prepares the “pre-mortuary science student” for matriculation to the CCMS Bachelor of Mortuary Science 4 semester (47 credit) degree program (16 months.)
How does the process of matriculation from TSCC to CCMS work?
Students enroll in the TSCC online program (no college credits required to enroll)
- Successfully complete all program requirements of the 2-year (4 semester) pathway program in the online platform
- TSCC confers the Associate of Arts – Pathway to Mortuary Science degree
Students matriculate into the CCMS BMS on-site program (the AA pathway meets all transfer credit requirements)
- Successfully complete all program requirements of the 16-month (4 semester) bachelor program onsite at the Cincinnati College of Mortuary campus located in Finneytown, Ohio.
- CCMS confers the Bachelor of Mortuary Science degree
Why Should I Enroll in the TSCC Associate of Arts Pathway to Mortuary Science?
Convenience and savings!
- The 61 credit online AA Pathway tuition costs about half the price of other regionally accredited transfer programs and is completed 100% online for your convenience.
- The AA Pathway is regionally accredited, which means your credits transfer seamlessly to CCMS and any other college in the nation. Admission to CCMS is guaranteed when you earn a cumulative 2.5 GPA.
Foster relationships with others who share your interest!
- TSCC students will transition from their online program into the CCMS program as a cohort. This support network serves students well as they develop into CCMS graduates and future funeral service professionals.
Excellent introduction to the mortuary science curriculum!
- Pathway courses are selected for the “pre-mortuary science” student.
For more information contact:
Christine Stark - Academic & Career Advisor
Location: A-100, Roy Klay Hall