In accordance with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Ohio Department of Health (ODH), Terra State has updated the guidelines for COVID-19 positive persons and close contacts of a COVID-19 positive person.
If you test positive for COVID-19:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance if you have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Regardless of vaccination status or symptoms, anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 must isolate for at least 5 days.
- If fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication) and symptoms are improving, isolation may end on the sixth day following either symptom onset or a positive COVID-19 test.
- The person then must consistently wear a mask for the next five days.
- If you had moderate illness (if you experienced shortness of breath or had difficulty breathing), or severe illness (you were hospitalized) due to COVID-19, or you have a weakened immune system, you need to isolate through day 10.
- If you had severe illness or have a weakened immune system, consult your doctor before ending isolation. Ending isolation without a viral test may not be an option for you.
- If you are unsure if your symptoms are moderate or severe or if you have a weakened immune system, talk to a healthcare provider for further guidance.
If you were exposed to a person with COVID-19:
- Please email email@example.com for guidance if you have been identified as a close contact of COVID-19.
- You do not need to stay home unless you develop symptoms.
- Watch for symptoms until 10 days after you last had close contact with someone with COVID-19.
- The person then must consistently wear a mask for the next ten days.
- Even if you don’t develop symptoms, get tested at least 5 days after you last had contact with someone with COVID-19.
- If you develop symptoms, get tested immediately and continue to stay home until you receive the results.
- If you would like to be tested for COVID-19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. The clinic will be open for appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 9:00 AM- 11:00 PM. If you need tested outside of these times, please email email@example.com.
- Antibody testing is available by appointments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any other questions regarding COVID-19, you may email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on vaccine scheduling and eligibility, please visit gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov.
CDC COVID Data Tracker
Check the CDC COVID Data Tracker for more county status information.
Current Hours of Operation
|Building||Days & Hours|
Buildings A, B, C, D, E & I
|Monday - Thursday, 7 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
ALL BUILDINGS SATURDAY & SUNDAY: TBD by classes and events
All building hours are subject to change to accommodate classes and events on campus
Future official notices and updates will be conveyed via Terra State email. Every employee and student is asked to please check email regularly. Notifications of official updates will be shared via social media and other means.
Links & Resources
Ohio Department of Higher Education - COVID Communication Fact Sheet
CDC Information about COVID-19
CDC Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19
Ohio COVID-19 Call Center: 833.427.5634
Ohio Department of Health Updates
Sandusky County Public Health Updates