By working with an Academic Advisor, Terra State Community College students are able to develop an academic plan that will help them achieve their self-declared goals. At Terra State, we believe academic advising is a shared responsibility. Students should be prepared for their advising appointments and follow through with the expectations. Advisors will help you select appropriate courses for your academic program and connect you with campus resources that ensure your success.
Advising for New Students
New students at Terra State are required to meet with an Academic Advisor in the Office of Admissions and Advising. Incoming students should contact the Office of Admissions and Academic Advising Services at 419.559.2345 to schedule an appointment with an advisor. Appointments are offered Monday through Friday. You may schedule an appointment with an academic advisor after you have been accepted to the College and completed the placement assessment or had prior credit coursework evaluated by the Records Office (if necessary).
During advising, you will have the opportunity to:
- Connect with an Academic Advisor who wants you to succeed;
- Ensure you are on the right track to finish the enrollment process;
- Review the scores from your placement assessment;
- Identify how prior credit that has been evaluated by the Records Office will apply to your current degree or certificate program, if applicable;
- Discuss your academic and career goals;
- Receive information on relevant student support services;
- Verify where you are in the financial aid process;
- Determine and register for appropriate courses for your first semester
For additional information, contact us!
Office of Admissions and Academic Advising
Terra State Community College
2830 Napoleon Road
Fremont, OH 43420