Terra State Community College is committed to helping you achieve your academic and career goals. Our commitment begins with requiring new students to participate in our Complete Orientation & Registration Experience (CORE.) CORE is designed to assist you in making a smooth transition into college life by giving you all the information you need prior to the start of classes. During CORE, you will work with an Academic Advisor to register for classes by developing a course schedule through your Student Portal. Each session will last approximately three hours and students will leave with their course schedule.
Who is required to attend CORE?
- New degree or certificate seeking students who have never attended Terra State before;
- Returning students who have been away from the College for over five (5) years.
During your advising appointment CORE options will be discussed. CORE Sessions are scheduled for a variety of days and times to accommodate your schedule. To be registered for a CORE session, students must first apply for admission, be accepted, and submit valid placement scores and/or prior credit evaluated by the Records Office. Simply call the Office of Academic Advising at 419.559.2345 and schedule a time to meet with an Academic Advisor. Your appointment with an advisor can be completed in person or over the phone. During this meeting, your advisor will discuss your academic and career goals with you before they officially register you for CORE.
During CORE Sessions, you will have the opportunity to:
- Meet other students who will be attending Terra State;
- Learn about faculty expectations;
- Learn and identify campus resources that will help you succeed;
- Familiarize yourself with campus technology;
- Tour the campus;
- Register for classes with the assistance of an advisor.
For more information, contact us today!
Office of Academic Advising
Terra State Community College
2830 Napoleon Road
Fremont, OH 43420