Welcome to the Terra State Community College Financial Aid Office. The steps below will help you get started in obtaining the funding you need to finance your education.
Steps to apply for and determine eligibility for Financial Aid:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA will provide the Terra State Financial Aid Office with the information needed to determine your eligibility for federal grants, federal work study, and federal direct loans. This information will be sent to Terra State within 5-7 business days after completing.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy. The Department of Education will send the student the SAR once the FAFSA is processed.
- Complete verification as requested by Terra State. Verification is the process by which additional documentation must be submitted before federal aid can be awarded. If your FAFSA is chosen for federal verification, the Terra State Financial Aid Office will notify you of additional documents that must be submitted prior to awarding any federal financial aid. You will receive a Terra e-mail in your student portal.
- Review Financial Aid Award Letter. After the FAFSA and verification (if applicable) are completed, the Terra State Financial Aid Office will send an award letter stating federal and institutional aid the student is currently eligible for. Review awards and determine what you would like to accept, decline, and/or reduce.
- If offered and interested in federal direct loans, complete the steps to accept them. To accept federal direct loans, students must complete the electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN) and Entrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov.
- Apply for institutional scholarships through your student portal and external scholarships. Be aware that some scholarships have deadlines well in advance of the start of the academic year.
- Apply for Federal Work Study positions with Career Services.
More Questions? Contact Us
Remember that the Terra State Financial Aid Office is here to help you every step of the way. You can reach us by:
Phone: 1-866-AT-TERRA (866-288-3772) ext. 2344
In person at A200:
Monday and Thursday 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
Tuesday and Wednesday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday Closed