High School Counselor or Administrator
Admissions Steps for Students
Enrollment Process for New Students
- Complete the online application
- Submit our school consent form, signed by the student, parent/guardian and high school counselor
- High school counselors should send the student’s unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrollment Process for Continuing CCP students
- Our school consent form and a copy of the student’s unofficial transcript need to be submitted every year.
- Once both documents have been received, the student can schedule an appointment with their CCP admissions advisor by calling CCP Admissions at 419.559.2349.
Eligibility and Placement
College Credit Plus is open to 7th through 12th grade students who attend public, community, private and home school high schools. Students must be Ohio residents and meet the prerequisites and co-prerequisites for courses in which they plan to enroll. To be eligible for CCP, students must show a level of college readiness and ability to manage higher level classes. Placement testing allows Terra State to place students in the correct class level for numerous subjects.
- Students may need to take placement testing to meet prerequisites for course placement into certain courses. ACT/SAT scores may be used as well for course placement. CCP admissions advisors can discuss what scores qualify for certain courses. To schedule a placement test, contact the Academic Service Center at email@example.com or 419.559.2139.
Students who have an IEP or 504 plan at their high school are eligible for those services to carry over to their classes at Terra State. Please contact the Academic Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419.559.2139 to determine the best route to carry these services over to Terra State.
Students are required to maintain a college cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0. Students who do not meet this requirement may be placed on probation for one semester and dismissed from the program after two consecutive semesters of a cumulative grade point average of less than 2.0. If a student is dismissed from the program, they may petition their high school for re-admission after sitting out for one semester.
CCP Rules and Regulations
- Students will work in collaboration with their high school guidance counselor and CCP Program Coordinator to determine what is an appropriate course load
- Students are placed in courses based on the results of the placement assessment or their ACT scores
- Students are not allowed to enroll in remedial or developmental education courses
- It is the responsibility of the student to have their college schedule approved by their high school guidance counselor
- It is the responsibility of the student to make sure their high school graduation requirements are met
- Students are not guaranteed course availability
- Students must meet all course co-requisites and/or prerequisites to enroll in a college course
Graduating high school students planning to transfer the credits they earned at Terra State to another institution can request a transcript to be sent to their next institution at Terra.edu/Transcripts.
Classes transfer better to Ohio public institutions, through the Ohio Transfer 36 program and Transfer Assurance Guides (TAGs).
Graduating high school students planning to finish their degree at Terra State will need to complete a Transition Form and schedule an appointment with an Admissions Advisor.