- Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Management Technology - Owens Community College
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences - University of Cincinnati
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) credential - American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Ohio Health Information Management Association (OHIMA)
Publications or Presentations:
- Northwest Ohio Health Information Management Association (NWOHIMA) symposium - panel of experts, February 8, 2018.
- Cleveland State University's OpenCon - panel of experts and presenter on Terra State's initiative for Open Educational Resources (OERs), March 5, 2018
Why did you enter the teaching profession?
I love making a difference in someone's life and being a mentor. When I receive a thank you note or a compliment from a student that I helped them and made a difference in their life, it is extremely gratifying and reminds me why I love teaching. I love being a mentor and helping others succeed. I also love the health information profession and am fortunate to be teaching in this field and share my passion as well as advocate this to my students to hopefully get them passionate for health information as well.
What do you like most about your field?
There are so many different career opportunities as health information professionals can work in a number of different healthcare settings in a variety of non-clinical roles. Healthcare is always changing and it keeps you on your toes to stay up to date with the changes.
I am married and will be celebrating my 10 year anniversary this year. We have two beautiful boys who keep us very busy! My husband and I love traveling and have been to Italy and recently went on a cruise to Jamaica and the Cayman Islands. We are planning a trip to Disney World with the kids next year.
I love to read books, but since I do not have a lot of time I discovered audio books to occupy my long drive to work. I love a variety of books and authors. I love to cook and bake as well. I love spending any time with my family and friends and cherish every minute of it. I am very involved in our local, state, and national professional organizations and I am very passionate about the field and helping my students succeed.