Career Tech & Adult Education Requirements & Forms
In order to receive credit for your work, make sure you have met all the requirements for the type of credit you are eligible to receive.
Student Eligibility and Credit Awarding Requirements
Articulated Academic Credit
- The student must have completed their Career Tech (CT) or Adult Education (AE) program with a grade of "B" or better.
- The student must enroll at Terra State within 2 calendar years after having graduated from their CT or AE program.
- The student must have completed an application for admission to Terra State; this includes submission of their official high school transcripts to Terra State.
- The student must schedule an appointment with a Terra State Admissions Advisor to petition for the articulated academic credit. During this appointment the student must provide evidence (passport, portfolio, certifications, licenses, competency profile etc.) that shows they have successfully completed their CT or AE program and all of the Terra State requirements. In some cases the student may also be required to take an examination.
- The student must complete the next higher level Terra State course in their degree pathway. The course needs to be taken after the student graduates from their CT or AE program.
- Articulated Academic Credit will be added to the student’s official transcript after completion of the next higher level course. A notation of “CR” will appear on the student’s college transcript next to those courses for which articulated credit has been accepted.
- In the event that a Terra State course taken as part of the student’s CT program during high school or AE program after high school was not a prerequisite for another Terra State course, articulated academic credit will be awarded upon the student’s completion of 3 semester credit hours at Terra State. The course taken to achieve the additional credit hours needs to be at the 1000 level or higher. The student must receive a “C” or better in the Terra State course. The additional credit hours need to be taken after the student graduates from their CT or AE program.
- All Articulated Academic Credit is granted at the discretion of the Dean of the content area.
Transcripted Academic Credit
- Students in a CT program may enroll in Terra State course(s) concurrently as part of College Credit Plus while in their CT program at the discretion of the associated career center or high school and provided they have met Terra State course placement requirements.
- CT students will be subject to the policies and procedures of Terra State, when participating in Terra State courses or when present at Terra State facilities.
- Once the student has completed their CT program and their Terra State course(s) the student’s grades will be recorded on the student’s college transcript.
Important steps and forms
Terra State Prior Learning Assessment Form
*This form is for requesting articulated (bilateral) credit only. If you have completed your program and have earned transcripted credit (CCP) it will show up on your transcript automatically.
Completion of this form does not guarantee college credits.
Before you print and fill out this form:
- Make sure that your program has an agreement with Terra State.
- Make sure that you have met all of the eligibility requirements.
- Make an appointment with an Admissions Advisor. They can evaluate your transcript and help you figure out what the next steps are. Take the form with you to your appointment.
CTAG Verification of Course for Credit Forms
Choose the program you participated in once you are redirected to the Ohio Higher Ed site.
Certain Career Center and Adult Education programs contain technical courses that qualify for Career Technical Assurance Guide credit. Students who successfully complete these certain programs are eligible to receive technical college credit that can be used at Ohio public colleges and universities.
Students must petition the college for the CTAG credit using the verification form linked to above that corresponds to the program type they completed.
To get the CTAG form students must have their career center request the form from the Ohio Department of Higher Education. For more information on what courses are eligible, how to submit the verification form or basic CTAG information go to the Ohio Department of Higher Education website.