Terra State loves our faculty!
Our faculty is what sets us apart from other colleges. They are caring, knowledgeable, and experienced in their fields. They are regionally and nationally recognized leaders in their fields and pride themselves on providing high-quality educational experiences.
Terra State faculty also serve on numerous national and state committees, boards and professional associations along with being committed to our students. They develop meaningful, professional relationships with their students and engage students in real world learning, both in and out of the classroom.
Meet our faculty
What do students say about faculty?
Out of the other schools I have attended, the instructors at Terra State were the most helpful and wanted to see their students succeed. When a student doesn’t understand something, they do what they can to make sure the information is understood."
I am truly blessed to have had the opportunity to learn so much from all of my educators. Terra State has an exceptional faculty!”
Terra State's faculty have authored, reviewed, and edited many professional reports, newsletters, and journals including:
- Journal of the Australian Mathematical Society
- Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society
- Journal of Operator Theory
- Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications
- Pacific Journal of Mathematics
- AMS Mathematical Reviews – 27 articles
- Ohio Mathematics Initiative –Fast Facts- Mathematics: Excellent Career Opportunities for Women
- Wetland Mitigation Options Report, 2003
- Acid Neutralization Tank Sampling Report and Analysis, 2003
- Chemical Hygiene Program, 2002
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures Manual, 2002
- Bioscene, Journal of College Biology Teaching, 2011
They are also well known in the community for leadership and service. Here are just a few of the things they do:
- Nurse of the Year Home Health
- The National Wildlife Federation Wildlife Conservationist of the Year
- Organizational service to Heart Beat, Habitat for Humanity, and Foster Hope
- President of Experimental Aircraft Association Chapter 582
President of Walbridge-Fest, Inc.
- AHIMA Council of Educational Excellence (CEE) Workgroup
- NWOHIMA President
- Ohio Mathematics Initiative (OMI) Mathematics Chairs/Leads network
- Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Pathway Science Panel
- Co-Chair, Comprehensive Internationalization
- Panel member of statewide Biology and Chemistry Transfer Pathway