Guest Student Admissions
Terra State welcomes all guest students to take advantage of one of the lowest tuition rates in Northwest Ohio. Why wouldn't you take a few courses that transfer seamlessly to your home college or university at a fraction of the cost? We are the ideal place to get ahead on your coursework, whether it is over the summer or in conjunction with your home school academic terms.
Am I considered a guest student?
Guest students are considered students that plan to take courses at Terra State with the intent to transfer them back to their home institution to complete their degree. If you do not fall into this category, please review the options on the How to Apply page to make sure your Terra State experience best fits your academic goals.
If you are considering guest student status, follow the steps below to get started:
- Apply for admission
- Meet with your advisor (and/or other appropriate person) at your home institution to determine the proper coursework to take at Terra State in order to ensure transferability and completion of degree requirements
- Send unofficial college transcripts from your home instituition to email@example.com
- Complete and return the Transient/Guest Student Request Form to Terra State's Admissions Office
Key things about guest students
- are not required to submit high school transcript
- cannot register as a degree or certificate seeking student at Terra State
- are not degree seeking students at Terra State, so they are not eligible for financial aid, but should check their home institution for eligibility
- are responsible for determining the Guest Student process at their home institution and how the credits will transfer back to their home institution
- must complete the Transcript Request Form at Terra State to have official and final transcripts sent back to their home institution at the completion of coursework